Adventure Teaching - Housing in Korea

You’re probably wondering what housing in Korea is like. Though every living arrangement can differ from one place to another, there are a few things that you can expect when you step into your new home.

It is standard for foreign teachers to be provided with an apartment by their employers as part of their one year contract. Typically, you will be given a studio (one room) or a one bedroom apartment, chosen by your employer. The rent will be paid for as a part of your contract, but you will be are responsible to pay for your utilities.

Your apartment will typically come furnished with the following basic appliances:

  • Refrigerator
  • Stove
  • Bed
  • TV (depends on apartment)
  • Couch (depends on apartment)

Depending on your employer, provisions for your housing in Korea may extend even further to things like a desk, shelving, microwave, rice cooker, dishes and cutlery. In most cases, you will be replacing the previous English teacher who has left behind some other furnishings.